Thursday, September 10, 2009

This Is...

My "new normal"!!



Well, we may not look all that normal to you. But this is my family now. Crazy. Happy. Full of joy. Yes, we are claiming that joy even in the midst of these trials. It is our God given right.

Illness gone? Nope, but we'll find the joy.

David struggling? Yes terribly, but we will CLAIM the joy.

Ellie questioning? You bet. Can there be in joy in that? Oh yea.

You see, this is a family that has each individually made commitments to receive Christ. We are a family of believers. Are some of them wondering where is God in this? Yep. But this I know...those HE has sealed are His forever!!

The verse that is the my life verse is found in the sidebar from Isaiah 61:3. The beginning of that chapter speaks of Jesus coming to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. We are broken hearted, sometimes captive and in the darkness. BUT HE HAS COME!! We will be healed in the freedom of HIS LIGHT.

I love my new normal and this is it!




20 comments:

Diana said...

AaaaaMEN!
You all look beautiful! "We are believers" and believing in the goodness of our God!

I speak BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS upon you in JESUS name!

You are a hero of the faith!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I like your new normal. It sounds more normal than other normals seem!

C.C. and Double T said...

LOVE it! :-)

Sharon said...

I love the new normal too, Awesome picture!!! I can feel your uplifting faith exploding around you. Praise the Lord!!

Have a Blessed and Joyfilled day my friend :)

Deb said...

Love the picture Sheryl!!

"For You have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life" Psalm 56:13

Courtney and the Boys said...

You are all adorable. I love that picture and that you're claiming your joy. You all deserve it. :)

nancygrayce said...

What a great picture!!! Your joy is eternal!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! Thank you for the reminder to find joy in any and all circumstances. May we remember that God never forgets His people. Have a great day my friend!

UL Cards Fan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the JOY that you are expressing, inspite of your circumstances. The Lord is holding you three tightly and satan may have won a few battles BUT you will all be VICTORIOUS through Christ! As the Lord "said" to you the other night YOU WILL NOT BE BROKEN!
Love you Sheryl,
Linda

everydayMOM said...

That's awesome!

Paula V said...

Beautiful. Nothing better than to LOVE your life and new normal. I'm not there yet maybe someday.

Unknown said...

Your new normal looks just wonderful!!! Nice to see all the smiles!

:) T

Anonymous said...

checking in... so proud of you! I know how hard you have to fight.

Emily said...

Sheryl...I LOVE the pic. I miss you and your beautiful family.

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Looks like fun over there! Your attitude is beautiful...and Isaiah 61 is one of my faves...xoxoxo

Amrita said...

In Christ you are more than conquerers

ShEiLa said...

What is NORMAL really?

I never thought there could be a NORMAL. I think the talent lies in finding joy in whatever your circumstance. Make the best of what you have been given... and the Lord blesses you.

You are an example of courage.

ToOdLeS.

JD said...

Such beautiful, deep wisdom. I can tell from your words that you and I have a lot in common, that we've both come from a place of struggle, but come out with stronger spirits because of it.

The more joy we claim in life, the less power our hardships hold over us. REJOICE!!!

I look forward to getting to know you!!


BTW, you look so young, I had to look a few times to figure out if you were in the photo!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great fun pic of you and your peeps. Loved it! Love your attitude too Sheryl.

Tea with Tiffany said...

New normal is looking good. I too love the verse you are clinging to. God is still working in your lives. Hold tight to His promises. He is good. His love for you never fails.