Struggling with that question today...is God enough? There was a Bible study I did a few years back that asked the question, "if everything else was taken from you, would you be satisfied with Jesus?" I always had to answer that honestly with a resounding "NO"! I feel as if so much is/has been taken from me and I'm wondering if I'm getting any closer to answering "Yes, Jesus, you are enough". I might be getting closer, but I am not there yet.
To think of all I have because of Jesus...and none of this has anything to do with anyone or anything else. I would still have these things just because of HIM.
- complete forgiveness of ALL of my sins
- salvation and eternal life
- grace and mercy that have no end
- unconditional/unfathomable love
- an intercessor at all times
- constant companion and friend - I am never alone
- peace & joy if I receive them
- a fresh start every morning
- provider of all my needs
- one who was willing to give His life for ME
The list could go on and on, obviously. But that is just for starters. Now if everything and everyone else were taken away from me, that should be enough to satisfy this soul. Oh, how I want to be satisfied with just Jesus! My heart is crying out the past few days. For relief, for my kids, for my marriage, for my heart & mind, still it's all about me. Lord, give me a new perspective. Give me YOUR perspective. Change me. Satisfy me.
Is God enough for you? If all you have was to be taken away would you be satisfied with Jesus?