Thursday, July 23, 2009

LIVING!!

Ha! So my last post was titled "Life Stinks"...good thing I didn't know what was coming.

First of all, thanks for your words of encouragement, sometimes we just need to get our feelings out so they don't consume us. At least that's true for me. Those of you have been reading for awhile know that I believe God is very much in control of our lives and I trust Him, but it was just getting hard.

Then the next several days hit. I'll just give you a few highlights. My daughter has been VERY sick. She is going to be fine, but yesterday I found her passed out on the bathroom floor. My son had a run in with his dad. Something that could have been a great connection for them just blew up in both their faces. I received an email telling me I had overstepped my bounds in a certain area. Then my parenting was called into question. I was accused of not really working toward the best interest of the kids and Don.

Seriously....it got to be funny!! My daughter, Ellie and I have spent a lot of time together this week as we've both not felt well. I told her that satan was really after us. Any chance he can get. Any way he can get to us. So each time something new happened we talked about how much we are under attack.

That's a good thing. I mean it's not fun but if he's attacking us - he is worried and we are a threat. God is moving!! Things are happening with Don that make me realize God is hounding him. That's what we've been praying for. Not many people that are in my life on a daily basis read this blog. So it's the prayers of "strangers" that are affecting the life of my husband. (yes, I still call him my husband)

The other day a blog friend of mine, Kiesha, sent me an email. She told me that she heard a song that she thought was just for me but couldn't remember what it was. In the meantime she read my last post about life stinking and decided that she had heard God wrong and that song wasn't right for me. The next day she gets in her car with me on her mind and what song would come on the radio? YEP. So she sent it to me right away.

The song talks about about God finding you. And finally living for the first time. Living!!

I am living like never before. Is it hard? You bet, but wow it feels good to really live the life that God intended. I know He is healing. I am believing in the miracles that we are going to be walking out!!!





14 comments:

Diana said...

I know you already know, but it feels like it bears repeating...

"to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations"

Isaiah 61:3-4

Paula V said...

Leave it to us humans to stand in judgment of another. Though I fail, I try my best to not judge another, especially when I've not been in that situation. I think it's sad for another to judge you based on your parenting, much of which goes on behind your four walls. I'm sorry you are having that added to your heavy load.

Thankful God is answering prayers and hounding Don, not wanting him to continue lively waywardly.

Keep looking up. I totally understand about knowing God is in control but knowing this road called life is just hard.
Love,
Paula

nancygrayce said...

Even though we know that God is in control, you're right that we still need to vent! God knows our hearts and he also knows that we are frail things.

Parenting is hard! I just couldn't worry about people questioning my parenting. I would have gladly given them the chance to do it for me on some occasions! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I am standing in amazement as I read this post about all the trials you are going through & how strong you are being. I think it is awesome that you and your daughter are able to discuss the situations going on and realize that it is the attack of Satan. Realizing to that you are God's & nothing can seperate you from His love!
That song is beautiful & loving your title...LIVING! So glad!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am so glad you posted today as I have been thinking about you. I have not felt great this week....but have nothing to compare to your situation...just a few more aches and pains than I would like.

You are super strong and you are going to make it....

Laura said...

I will say this to the end but your authenicity means so much to me. GOD is still doing a work and I am honored to be " along" with you through prayer during this journey.
Love you,

Laura

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Wow, you really got blasted there didn't you?

It sounds like you also have a really full plate of godly perspective. Keep it up girl... You're just doing an amazing job from the sounds of it.

Amrita said...

Dearest Sheryl, love and hugs to you. You are fighting the good fight.

And you know the battle belongs to the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear people are judging you and accusing you of having ill intentions. We have all been there. Poor girl, stay strong.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Sheryl,
I hope you and your daughter are feeling better. Loved the video and the message. You keep doing what you are doing girl. God is using your spiritual strength to reach others and this blog is just one avenue for that. Keep on keepin' on.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I sat down to comment on your last post but the words did not come. The hurt was there in big portion, the prayers were there, and the concern for you and your family was there...but the right words did not come. The verses that kept coming to my mind regarding your situation were from Isaiah. "When you go through deep waters, I will go with you..." Therein lies the comfort...you all are not alone...help, powerful, comforting and "filled with love" help is there in the person of your Heavenly Father. What could be offered that was better than that! As for other's perhaps hurtful advice...they do not know until they would walk in your shoes.

Michelle said...

Hi Sheryl ~ Thinking of you, praying and wishing you a good weekend!

Sending you a big hug,
~Michelle :)

Technonana said...

My Mama always used to say,"When the devil is hassleing you, he's leaving someone else alone."
Not much comfort I know!! But I KNOW, like you know, that God is in contol.
Love,
Sharon

My Army Brats and Me said...

You are a strong cookie:)