Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Good Day

It really was a good day! Wow I haven't said that in a long time. Sure feels good to say it. I felt pretty decent. Had lots of company. From 11:30 am until 8:30 pm. That's a lot of company. Nice to have friends and it's especially nice when you feel decent and can enjoy their company. I worked on the fundraiser auction for David's mission trip. So good to feel productive, love having "work" to do. Made dinner. Just a good day.

David got a letter of support from his grandparents today (Don's folks). They sent him a very generous donation toward his trip and she wrote him a really nice note. We haven't had any contact since Don moved out and I'm thinking they may be scared that they're losing the whole family. I need to reach out to them. They are not believers. The kids and I need to show them God's love. Just because things might not work out with their son, they are still an important part of our family and they mean a great deal to us. We need to make the effort!

Tomorrow is my second session with my new favorite counselor, Laura. I cannot wait. Man, I love counseling. I know some people think that's crazy but I love going in there and just baring my soul and telling all my dirt and having someone give me great advice and wisdom. Especially from a Christian perspective. I always wanted to be a counselor but I guess you have to have finished school to be able to do that. My friends say I do it already. But now I really need to be getting paid for it. I wonder if that's legal.

It really was a good day........thank you Jesus! Thank you.


No comments: